These Instant Pot mashed potatoes are perfectly creamy, full of flavor and are so easy to make! Pressure cooker mashed potatoes are the perfect side dish for an everyday meal or for a special holiday dinner.
Prep Time10 minutes
Cook Time10 minutes
Total Time20 minutes
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk heavy cream or half and half can also be used
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives optional
- butter for serving optional
- Place the potatoes, water and salt in an Instant Pot.
- Put the lid on, turn the valve to seal, then set the Instant Pot for manual high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, release the pressure by turning the valve to vent.
- Add the milk, butter and pepper to the Instant Pot. Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes to desired consistency. You can add more milk if needed, one tablespoon at a time.
- Alternatively, you can transfer the contents of the Instant Pot to a mixer to whip your potatoes.
- Taste your potatoes and add more salt if needed.
- Spoon the potatoes into a serving bowl. Top with additional pats of butter and sliced chives if desired.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 504mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7.7% | Vitamin C: 10.4% | Calcium: 4.6% | Iron: 7.2%